Water Damage – What’s Covered?

What type of insurance covers water damage?

It can be confusing to understand which types of insurance may cover specific types of water damage to your property. On this page, we will outline the three main types: Homeowners insurance, a Water backup endorsement, and Flood insurance.

Homeowners Insurance – Examples of damage usually covered by Homeowners insurance:

  • Leaking roof – Unless not well maintained
  • Burst pipe
  • Overflowing bathtub

Water Backup Endorsement

  • Water that rises up from backed-up sewer
  • Water that rises up from backed-up toilet and bath
  • Water that rises up from backed-up sinks and sump pump

Click here to learn if a Water Backup Endorsement is right for you.

Flood Insurance

  • Water that moves over the ground 
  • Water that causes structural damage
  • Mudslide damage carried in by stream or river 

Click here to learn if Flood Insurance is right for you.

Contact us if you have the right coverage for your needs.

    Fill out this form or call us at 215-723-4378 to learn more.
    You’ll get a no-pressure, 100% free proposal.

    Summer Hours

    We will be closing at 3:00 pm on Fridays from June 7th through September 6th. However, we are still available by phone, text, or email during those times. 

    Office Closed

    Our office will be closed today, June 19th, from 8 am – 1 pm for a company event.

    We look forward to serving you when the event concludes. Thank you!

    Right Menu Icon